Saturday, July 23, 2011

Book: Eat Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert

...have you ever found yourself reading the last page of a book and started crying because you can't believe is almost done!?.... ♥ this does not happen often enough...

My subtitle for this book review is:
-Find your "Kalos Kai Agathos"


Liz Gilbert writes this book in a form of a dialogue between her and the reader, at most I found myself imagining that she was sitting next to me telling me these stories, or that I was standing next to her during these travels. Eating crazy amounts of italian food while sighing because of the handsome Italian men, or finding peace with a total different me that was imposed by ME going to India to find "God", and helping others find balance; giving Tutti a home. Not forgetting alas, finding "true" love.

As "cheesy" as it may be, (because they already made a "romantic comedy of a movie" with it)I do, definetly, recommend this book... But you have got to keep an open mind. (I haven't watched the movie, and I refused to do so till I finished the book, which i guess i'll see it now since its the next step), but the emotions that this book brought to me are like no other. Then again, it also depends on what kind of books and "stories" you like, and also what emotional state you're in... (hint: is the best read for an "obsessive search for love and loose of focus" kind of gall.) This book is a good combination of comedy, dialogue, knowledge (you can learn a lot about anything) and self empowerement, it really makes you want to stop and smell the flowers, while actually also plant some of your own.

and I will read again in a few months... ;) you'll hear about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment